EOA Tendaji Ganges Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is sponsored by the EOA Foundation Board of Directors. Students are nominated by TRIO professionals in their respective Chapters. This scholarship is awarded by the EOA Foundation and is renewable. The student selected by the Chapter Scholarship Committee for the EOA Board of Directors Scholarship will be the recipient for that Chapter. No further review occurs.
One award of $1,000 to MINNESOTA (chapter recipient rotates annually). This scholarship is awarded by the EOA Foundation and is renewable. The Foundation will commit $1,000 each year to a student, up to four years annual verification of postsecondary attendance for a total of $4,000. One Ganges Memorial scholarship is available in 2018 and is awarded each year, rotated among the chapters. The rotation will start with the state of Michigan and be distributed alphabetically thereafter.
The student applicant must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Be from first-generation or low-income background or is a student with a disability
- Be a graduating high school senior with full or part time anticipated enrollment in an accredited two or four-year post-secondary institution. Enrollment must be verified at the time of awarding of the scholarship and the Foundation will verify enrollment annually thereafter;
- Have cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- Demonstrate involvement in co-curricular or community activities; and
- Reside within the EOA region.
The Nominator MUST be a current member of EOA at the time of the scholarship deadline.
The applicant must submit the following (PDF) materials in order for their application to be considered complete:
- Nomination Form (from TRIO/EOP professional - must be EOA member)
- Letter of Recommendation from Nominator
- Copy of unofficial academic transcript, including current semester schedule
- Signed Photo Release Form
- Student essay (double-spaced and not exceeding 2 pages) describing:
1. The impact of TRIO or educational opportunity program on your education
2. Your co-curricular and/or community involvement
3. Why the EOA Tendaji Ganges Memorial Scholarship is important to you
A digital headshot photo of applicant must also be on file with the Nominator in case applicant is selected as a recipient.
NOTE: Applications must be completed in one session. Applicants are NOT able to save their progress and return to it later.
Click link below to apply!
(Nominator must be an EOA member within that state Chapter in order for the applicant to be eligible.)
MINNESOTA: (Due March 31, 2019)
2018 Michigan Tori Jan GVSU UB