EOA Foundation Scholarship
The EOA Foundation Scholarships are sponsored by the EOA Foundation Board of Directors. Students are nominated by TRIO/EOP professionals in their respective Chapters and the state Chapter scholarship committees select the recipients. These scholarships are awarded by the EOA Foundation and are non-renewable.
One award of $500 to each state within the EOA region (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wisconsin). Ten $500 EOA Foundation Scholarships are available in 2018.
The student applicant must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Be from a first-generation or low-income background and/or is a student with a disability;
- Be enrolled, or anticipated enrollment for current high school seniors, in a two-year or four-year post-secondary institution for the next academic year;
- Have cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- Demonstrate involvement in co-curricular or community activities; and
- Reside within the EOA region.
The Nominator MUST be a current member of EOA at the time of the scholarship deadline.
The applicant must submit the following (PDF) materials in order for their application to be considered complete:
- Nomination Form (from TRIO/EOP professional - must be EOA member)
- Letter of Recommendation from Nominator
- Copy of unofficial academic transcript, including current semester schedule
- Signed Photo Release Form
- Student essay (double-spaced and not exceeding 2 pages) describing:
1. The impact of TRIO or educational opportunity program on your education
2. Your co-curricular and/or community involvement
3. Why the EOA Foundation Scholarship is important to you
A digital headshot photo of applicant must also be on file with the Nominator in case applicant is selected as a recipient.
NOTE: Applications must be completed in one session. Applicants are NOT able to save their progress and return to it later.
Click your state link below to apply!
(Nominator must be an EOA member within that state Chapter in order for the applicant to be eligible.)
ILLINOIS: (Due March 31, 2018)
INDIANA: (Due March 31, 2018)
IOWA: (Due March 16, 2018)
KANSAS: (Due March 15, 2018)
MICHIGAN: (Due March 31, 2018)
MINNESOTA: (Due March 31, 2018)
MISSOURI: (Due March 15, 2018)
NEBRASKA: (Due March 15, 2018)
OHIO: (Due March 31, 2018)
WISCONSIN: (Due March 31, 2018)
2018 Scholarship Recipients
||Lisa Van Zandt
||Central College ETS
||DePaul University SSS
||Indiana Purdue University SSS
|Kansas State Polytechnic SSS
||North Hennepin Community College SSS
||Crowder College SSS
||Metropolitan Community College UBMS
||UW River Falls SSS