The mission of the Wisconsin Association of Educational Opportunity Program Personnel (WAEOPP) is to support its members in promoting equal opportunity in education for students from disadvantaged backgrounds including first-generation, limited income, veterans, students with disabilities, and students from racially and ethnically underrepresented populations.
WAEOPP Constitution--May 2017
To this end, the association:
• Addresses the needs and interests of its constituents, including:
1. Current and prospective students of TRIO programs,
2. Alumni of TRIO programs,
3. Staff of TRIO programs,
4. Administrators, faculty, and staff of higher educational institutions,
5. Individuals in public and private agencies and organizations that collaborate with or support the mission of the association.
• Provides professional development, resources, and networking to its members to foster effectiveness in TRIO programs, communication between programs, and education related to changes in legislation and regulations.
• Provides opportunities to its student participants, including scholarships and conferences, to lessen the achievement gap in higher education.
• Educates and advocates with institutional administration, state leaders, and national leaders on the importance of effective TRIO programming as it relates to increasing the number of disadvantaged students that complete higher education degrees.
• Promotes research studies, education, conferences, and other activities that support the mission of the association.
In addition, WAEOPP values ethical efforts to advocate for disadvantaged students’ rights to pursue higher education. The Association is committed to the belief that every person should be afforded the opportunity to prepare for, attend, and graduate from college.
Your insight and experiences can help strengthen our organization in our fight to make positive strides in the lives of disadvantage students in Wisconsin.
WAEOPP and the Educational Opportunity Association is a consortium of professionals with the specific purpose of providing equal opportunity in education for disadvantaged populations. Although EOA membership is initiated through WAEOPP membership, there is no individual chapter membership apart from EOA membership.
Join EOA to become a member of EOA and WAEOPP!
Membership Quick Guide:
• Membership year begins at point of receipt of application and dues and extends for 12 months. Most common membership type is Active Professional. Cost is $80 per year. This membership is for those who work primarily in educational opportunity programs. As an Active Professional you are entitled to vote and hold office
• Other memberships are available. Contact WAEOPP President-Elect for more info or to check membership status
WAEOPP Membership Benefits:
WAEOPP's Executive Board consists of a President, President-Elect, and Past President, Treasurer, Secretary, and two Members at Large as well as many standing committee chairs.