HomeRalph Pruitt Scholarship
Ralph L. Pruitt Memorial Scholarship
The Ralph Pruitt Fund was the first fund established by the EOA Foundation and the first scholarship funded by EOA. Dr. Ralph Pruitt was a math professor at Cleveland State University in Cleveland, Ohio. Dr. Pruitt was one of the founders of EOA.
One award of $1,000 to MO-KAN-NE. (The scholarship awards are distributed based on the existing chapter rotation schedule.) The student selected by the Chapter Scholarship Committee will be the recipient for that Chapter. No further review occurs.
The student applicant must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Be a current TRIO/EOP participant;
- Be enrolled in, or anticipate enrollment for current high school seniors, a two-year or four-year post-secondary institution for the upcoming academic year;
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- Demonstrate involvement in co-curricular and/or community activities; and
The Nominator MUST be a current member of EOA and MO-KAN-NE at the time of the scholarship deadline.
The applicant must submit the following (PDF) materials in order for their application to be considered complete:
- Nomination Form (from TRIO/EOP professional - must be EOA member)
- Letter of Recommendation from Nominator
- Copy of unofficial academic transcript, including current semester schedule
- Signed Photo Release Form and an uploaded headshot.
- Student essay (double-spaced and not exceeding 2 pages) describing:
1. The impact of TRIO or educational opportunity program on your education.
2. Your co-curricular and/or community involvement.
3. Why the EOA Ralph Pruitt Scholarship is important to you?
NOTE: Applications must be completed in one session. Applicants are NOT able to save their progress and return to it later. It is advised you prepare all application materials prior to applying as the system will time you out for inactivity and all progress will be lost and unrecoverable.
Click link below to apply!
(Nominator must be an EOA member within that state Chapter in order for the applicant to be eligible.)
MO-KAN-NE: (Due March 2, 2020)
Ralph Pruitt Scholarship Recipients
2020 Kyler Dixon Emporia State University SSS
2019 Tori Boynton Mid Michigan College SSS
2018 Brandon Sosa Purdue SSS
2017 Amanda Otto Anoka-Ramsey Community College - Cambridge Campus
2016 Tin Tran Grinnell College, Grinnell, IA
2015 Haggi Amirally Carl Sandburg College, Galesburg, IL
Ziara Randolph Orr Academy High School, Chicago, IL
2014 Oscar Lemus TRIO Student Support Services, Emporia State University