Emerging Leaders Institute 2020
Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI)
Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) is an innovative program that was
designed by EOA leaders who recognized the need to strengthen the
association by developing potential leaders. Initiated in 1989 by Dr.
Celerstine Johnson, the program’s purpose was to identify and prepare
EOA members to assume leadership positions at the chapter and regional
levels, to help those individuals grow personally and professionally,
and to strengthen the Association.
Emerging Leaders Institute focus:
- ELI will receive training in history, leadership development, and team building related to college access and success
- ELI will gain a deeper understanding of all the organizational aspects of EOA
- ELI will be assigned to an EOA committee for engagement throughout the year
- ELI will focus on college access and success program improvement, advocacy and institutional engagement/growth
- ELI will engage and work on projects that will enhance their own careers and programs/institutions they belong. The projects will focus on sustainable change, critical race theory/pedagogy of the oppress to instill systematic changes in equity, transformational theories on educational equity and innovative models to motivate college access and success.
- ELI will develop leadership and team-building capacities.
NOTE: A participant fee of $100.00 has been established for the 2020 cohort. The participant fee will be due, in full, 30 days following the notification of selection. This fee will be paid by the ELI participant. Some chapters may offer to pay this fee, please check with your chapter for details.
The deadline for submission of ELI 2020 applications is August 30, 2019.
ELI Application 2020 Cohort
Supervisor Support Form
ELI Agreement Form
ELI Class of 2017
ELI Class of 2015
ELI Class of 2014
ELI Class of 2013
ELI Class of 2009
ELI Class of 2008