BRIDGES AND LADDERS LGBTQ+ Scholarship
This endowed scholarship is established by the EOA Foundation. Students are nominated by TRIO/EOP professionals in their respective Chapters and selected through a process administered jointly by EOA and the EOA Foundation. This scholarship is awarded by the EOA Foundation and is non-renewable.
One award of $1,000. Each Chapter may select a semifinalist (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri/Kansas/Nebraska, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin).
The student applicant must meet the following criteria to apply:
Be a current TRIO/EOP student within the EOA region;
Be enrolled or anticipate enrollment for high school seniors, in a two-year or four-year post-secondary institution for the upcoming academic year or anticipated enrollment for current high school seniors;
Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
Demonstrates leadership, involvement, and experiences that intersect with the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and ally community (LGBTQ+).
The Nominator MUST be a current member of EOA at the time of the scholarship deadline.
The applicant must submit the following (PDF) materials in order for their application to be considered complete:
- Nomination Form (from TRIO/EOP professional - must be EOA member)
- Letter of Recommendation from Nominator
- Copy of unofficial academic transcript, including current semester schedule
- Signed Photo Release Form and an uploaded headshot
- Student essay (double-spaced and not exceeding 2 pages) describing:
1. The impact of TRIO or educational opportunity program your education.
2. Demonstrate your leadership, involvement, and/or experiences that intersect
with the LGBTQ+ and/or Ally community.
3. Why the LGBTQ+ scholarship is important to you.
NOTE: Applications must be completed in one session. Applicants are NOT able to save their progress and return to it later. It is advised you prepare all application materials prior to applying as the system will time you out for inactivity and all progress will be lost and unrecoverable.
Click link below to apply!
(Nominator must be an EOA member within that state Chapter in order for the applicant to be eligible.)
INDIANA: (Due March 2, 2020)
IOWA: (Due March 2, 2020)
MICHIGAN: (Due March 2, 2020)
MINNESOTA: (Due March 2, 2020)
MO-KAN-NE: (Due March 2, 2020)
OHIO: (Due March 2, 2020)
WISCONSIN: (Due March 2, 2020)
ILLINOIS: (Due March 2, 2020)
2020 Kayla Wortman University of Kansas Talent Search