HomeEmerging Leaders Institute 2021
Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI)
The Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) is an innovative program that was designed by EOA leaders who recognized the need to strengthen the association by developing potential leaders. Initiated in 1989 by Dr. Celerstine Johnson, the program’s purpose was to identify and prepare EOA members to assume leadership positions at the chapter and regional levels, to help those individuals grow personally and professionally, and to strengthen the Association.
Emerging Leaders Institute focus:
- ELI will receive training in history, leadership development, and team building related to college access and success
- ELI will gain a deeper understanding of all the organizational aspects of EOA
- ELI will be assigned to an EOA committee for engagement throughout the year
- ELI will focus on college access and success program improvement, advocacy and institutional engagement/growth
- ELI will engage and work on projects that will enhance their own careers and programs/institutions they belong. The projects will focus on sustainable change, critical race theory/pedagogy of the oppress to instill systematic changes in equity, transformational theories on educational equity and innovative models to motivate college access and success.
- ELI will develop leadership and team-building capacities.
NOTE: A participant fee of $100.00 has been established for the 2021 cohort. The participant fee will be due, in full, 30 days following the notification of selection. This fee will be paid by the ELI participant. Some chapters may offer to pay this fee, please check with your chapter for details.
The deadline for submission of ELI 2021 applications is July 3, 2020.
ELI Application 2021 Cohort
Supervisor Support Form
ELI Agreement Form